To help those 15 to 65 years of age achieve their
ultimate career and life goals. You execute the
Route 5 Career Pathway Plan (a career planning
and management process) by completing
specific tasks each year to meet the following
Five “P” Career Growth Goals.
● Position Self on The Right Career Pathway
● Prepare Self for Targeted Career Field and
● Place Self in Targeted Career Field and
● Perform Specific Tasks In High School,
College and Work To Meet Career Growth
● Personal Satisfaction In Your Performance
and Situation Where You Have Put Yourself
● Manage My Career.Info
A website that introduces the
"A process that takes you where you
want to end up in your career & life."
You can execute the Route 5 Career Pathway Plan alone or with a Career Pathway Mentor from your high school, college, work place or from our Career Pathway Mentoring Center. You can also implement the Plan in a class or with a job search support group.
We thank our sponsors for supporting this website and making the PDF books and podcasts free.
Why Plan and Manage Your Career Journey?
Planning is determining where you are today and where you want to be
tomorrow (targeting a date and time).
Seventy five percent of Americans make $50,000 or less. If Individuals don’t
plan and manage their career journey, they reduce their chance to change their socio-economic place in life.
Twenty five percent of two million students taking the ACT or 500,000
students are unsure of a college major.
Sixty percent of college students change their major two or three times
which means most graduate in six years.
The average worker will change companies six to seven times and career
pathways two or three times. What’s the next job target to stay employed?
Pensions are being dropped for 401K programs which might mean working
longer. Where can you work past 60 years of age?
Assessing Your Career Planning Knowledge and Creating and Executing a Plan
Do you have a career plan? We created The Route 5 Career Pathway Plan to help you identify and complete specific tasks each year to meet Five “P” Career Growth Goals and advance your career.
Our primary objective is to help you place yourself on the right career pathway and advance to meet your ultimate career and life goals. Click here to take a career planning assessment and create your career plan. We describe below how our website materials can be used to help individuals advance from H.S. to retirement.
Program # 1- The High School Plan
the mentee to identify tasks they need to complete each year in high school, to
meet the Five “P” Career Growth Goals and advance to the next step in school.
2. The mentor/counselor can also use the book The High School Career, College and Life Preparation Program which offers objectives that a mentee can strive to meet each year in high school.
3. The mentor/counselor can also ask the mentee to take an ACT practice test and review the results. We furnish a booklet called Understanding What The ACT Measures and Taking the ACT and Reviewing Your Score
4. We furnish the 2018 and 2019 ACT National Profile Reports so the mentee can see how their practice or real ACT test scores compare to those students taking the ACT nationally.
5. The mentor/counselor can use our book Identifying and Attending
Colleges That Will Help You Enter Your Chosen Career Field with mentee.
6. The mentor/counselor/teacher can use our book The Five Goal College Plan with H.S. seniors in class just before they graduate from high school. The book helps a college student plan to graduate in four years with a job in their chosen field. Sixty percent graduate in six years with a B.A. or B.S.
7. There are a number of podcasts that can be presented and discussed.
Program # 2-The College Plan
1. We offer the book The Route 5 Career Pathway Plan that can be
used during a freshman orientation class or with a mentor/counselor. The Plan asks the mentee to identify tasks they need to complete each year in college to meet the Five “P” Career Growth Goals to advance.
2. We also offer the book The Five Goal College Plan that helps a college
student plan to graduate in four years with a position in his chosen field.
3. We offer a number of podcasts that students can review & discuss.
4. We offer a number of assessments that college students can take to help
them with career planning and personal growth.
Program # 3- Career Journey Plan
1. Your manager at work or chosen career mentor can help you plan your career pathway. You would use the book The Route 5 Career Pathway Plan that asks you what tasks you need to complete each year to meet Five “P” Career Pathway Goals and advance.
2. Your career mentor or manager can help you advance in your career. Both of you can use the book Excelling as a Team Leader to help you and the department become “Best in Your Field”. The book also can help you move into management.
3. Your career mentor/manager and you can use the book Sharpening My
One-On-One Helping Communication and Performance Facilitation Skills to
help you improve your helping and communication skills.
4. If you are looking for a new position, use the book Moving Out and Moving Up- over 3,000 people followed the process in this book to be hired.
5. We also furnish the booklet 10 Job Sites You Should Know
6. You can review podcasts that can help you plan and advance your career.
The PDF books and podcasts are free because our sponsors want to help you plan and manage a successful career journey in its place.
If you would like to meet with a career consultant from Mulligan & Associates, which is an extra fee. You might need:
One-On-One Career Pathway Planning (selecting a work sector, industry functional area and future positions)
One-On-One College Planning (taking ACT, choosing a college major and college plus finding money for college)
One-On-One Job Acquisition Coaching (writing resumes & letters plus strategy on obtaining interviews, interviewing and negotiating practice to gain offers)
Coaching on how to Excel as a Team Unit Leader and One-On-One Career Mentor and Performance Facilitator
We all have potential and talent. The question is "What is our talent and how do we develop and use it to become what we want to be and can be in our career and life?" Some people can plan their career but not all people have the critical thinking skills to place themselves on the right career pathway. We created the Route 5 Career Pathway Plan to help you plan and manage a successful career journey.
If you need to plan your career pathway, career preparation program (college) and obtain employment, please call 847 533-1648 and ask for Dr. Mike Mulligan. We have credentialed and experienced career consultants who can help you.
● To learn about our advisory council and operating policies, review tab "About Us".