To help those 15 to 65 years of age achieve their ultimate career and life goals. You execute the Route 5 Career Pathway Plan (a career planning and management process) by completing specific tasks each year to meet the following Five “P” Career Growth Goals.
● Position Self on The Right Career Pathway
● Prepare Self for Targeted Career Field and
● Place Self in Targeted Career Field and
● Perform Specific Tasks In High School,
College and Work To Meet Career Growth
● Personal Satisfaction In Your Performance
and Situation Where You Have Put Yourself
Why Plan and Manage Your Career Journey?
There are many reasons why you would want to execute the Route 5 Career Pathway Plan
• Google research says 67% of American workers make less than $50,000 and 50% make less than $40,000. Why? No career plan.
• Twenty five percent of two million students taking the ACT are unsure of a college major. Why? No career plan.
• Sixty percent of college students change majors two or three times which delays college graduation. Why undecided? No career plan.
• Twenty percent of young adults 20 to 35 are zigzagging from job to job making little money and staying home. Why? No career plan.
• Pensions are being dropped for 401K programs which means you working past 60 years of age. What is your career plan?
● Manage My Career.Info
A website that introduces two programs to help you plan and manage a successful career journey.
The first, is Executing the Route 5 Career Pathway Plan from High School to Retirement. The PLAN, we call it, asks you to identify and complete specific
tasks each year in high school, college and at work to meet Five “P” Career Growth Goals. By completing these tasks to meet these goals, you will advance to where you want to be in your career and life. Dr. Mike Mulligan wrote ‘My Career Mentor and Me’ which has a
step by step process to implement the yearly PLAN. We recommend finding a Career Pathway Mentor and
working with him or her to implement the PLAN.
The second is our Career Pathway Mentoring Center which offers four services.
“Individual Counseling and Mentoring”.
• The “Nifty 50 Elite Club” - helping members target and acquire their next position.
• The “Career Mentoring Directors Program”-helping organizations build a Mentor & Mentee Program to advance careers and the organization
• The “C-Suite Program’- Helping an executive excel as a team leader in the organization, find a board seat with another company or target next position outside the organization and acquire it.
We thank our Sponsors for their support in making our first program free to all Americans and allowing us to charge a minimum fee for services in the Career
Pathway Mentoring Center. Learn about our Sponsors.
Review Our Podcast # One
Discussing the Need Today for High Schools, Colleges and Companies to Establish a Career Pathway Mentoring Program
Our First and Primary Program
“Executing the Route 5 Career Pathway Plan from High School to Retirement”
We will review the importance of working with a Career Pathway Mentor to execute THE PLAN. We will also discuss how our two feature books My Career Mentor and Me and The Route 5 Career Pathway Plan, 15 podcasts, 10 additional books and assessments can help you & your Career Pathway Mentor execute THE PLAN in high school, college and work.
Using Our Materials and Process to Execute the PLAN
• Finding a Career Mentor to Help You Execute THE PLAN
• Executing THE PLAN in High School
• Executing THE PLAN in College
• Executing THE PLAN in Work Place
Finding a Career Mentor to Help You Execute
How can our materials help you here?
1. Review Podcast # Two which discusses the Triangle Mentoring Team Concept- Selecting your Career
Pathway Mentor and Specialist Mentors to help you complete your pre-determined tasks and meet 5 Goals.
2. Review Podcast # Three- Becoming a Mentor-discusses a Five Step Career Mentoring Program for Young Adults executing the “Route 5 Career Pathway Plan”
3. Review Podcast # Four- Young Adults Learning and Executing the Five Step Career Mentoring Program
4. Use the books My Career Mentor and Me and Route 5 Career Pathway Plan to execute The PLAN.
5. Review the book Sharpening My One-On-One Helping Communication and Performance Facilitation Skills and Improve Your Skills to Help Mentees Plan & Advance.
6. Click here and take our Career Assessment Survey which identify the tasks we feel are important in
meeting the Five “P’ Career Growth Goals. You can also learn about our career materials after you take the Career Assessment Survey.
Executing THE PLAN in High School
How can you use our materials to help you here?
1. We offer the book “My Career Mentor and Me” that a mentor/counselor and mentee can use to execute the Route 5 Career Pathway Plan.
2. The mentor/counselor can also use the book “The Route Five Career Pathway Plan” in a class room which has the same content of ‘My Career Mentor and Me”.
3. Review Podcast One, discusses the importance of teaching & executing a planning and management process.
1. Review Podcast Two, discusses creating a mentoring team and working with mentors to execute THE PLAN
2. Review Podcast Four discusses implementing a Five Step Approach to execute THE PLAN with students.
3. Review Podcast Five discusses Positioning Self on the Right Career Pathway- Meeting Growth Goal # One
4. Review Podcast Six- Developing a College Selection Profile to Select and Attend the Right College.
5. Review Podcast Seven- Graduating from College in 4 or 4.5 years employed in targeted career field.
6. . Review the book “Time Is the Enemy” which reveals students are taking too long to graduate from college.
10.Review the books “Preparing and Taking the ACT Tests” and “The ACT 2018 and 2019 National Profile Reports” to learn how you compare in your educational development with other college bound students.
11. Introduce and discuss the book “The Five Goal College Plan” with college bound students so they develop a plan to graduate from college in 4 or 4.5 years employed.
12. Review Podcast 12 which discusses how to obtain personal fulfillment while in High School, College or Work
Executing THE PLAN in College
How can you use our materials to help you here?
1 Review Podcasts One, Two and Three that discusses creating a mentoring program to help students plan and manage a successful career journey.
2 We offer our feature two books “My Career Mentor and Me” and “The Route 5 Career Pathway Plan” that a mentor and mentee can use to execute the PLAN.
3 Review Podcast Four which covers executing a five step approach to implement Route 5 Career Pathway Plan
4 We offer the book “The Five Goal College Plan” that can be used in a class or mentoring session to help students graduate from college in 4,5 years employed.
5 Review Podcast Seven that adds discussion on obtaining a degree on your time line employed.
6 Review Podcast Five that discusses positioning yourself on the right career pathway.
9. Review our assessments in our two feature books and ask mentee to take the assessments that can help them make a logical career decision.
10.Review and discuss Podcasts 8 through 15 to learn more about what is facing you at work after graduation.
Executing THE PLAN in Work Place
How can you use our materials to help you here?
1. Review Podcasts One, Two and Three that discuss creating a mentoring program to help employees plan
and manage a successful career journey.
2. We offer our feature books “My Career Mentor and Me” and “The Route 5 Career Pathway Plan” to help a
mentor/manager and mentee execute the PLAN. .
3. Review Podcast Four- Executing a five step approach to implement the Route 5 Career Pathway Plan
4. Review Podcast Eight – Working with your manager to transform yourself and the department into the “best in
5. Review Podcast Nine- Stepping up as a leader in your present and future organization.
6. Review Podcast 10- Know Why People Fail and Succeed at Work
7. Review Podcast 11- Advancing up the Career Ladder.
8. Podcasts 13 and 14- Reviews what to do when losing your job and how to obtain a new one.
10.Podcast 15- Developing a Plan to Work Until Retirement
11.Review the book, “Excelling as a Team Leader” which outlines how a team leader/mentor can transform his
reports and department into the “best in their field’.
12. Review the book, “Moving Out and Moving Up” that over 2,500 executives, managers & professionals used to
get through separation trauma and find a better position.
13. Review the many assessments we offer on this website to help you plan and manage a successful career journey
The Career Pathway Mentoring Center
We offer the following services:
1. Individuals Counseling and Mentoring
2. The Nifty 50 Elite Club- Helping Members with Career Direction and Obtaining Their Targeted Position.
3. Helping Career Directors in Organizations Build a Career Mentor/Mentee Program to build a “best in field” culture
4. The C-Suite Program – Helping Executives Excel or Leave
We offer PDF books free but charge for soft cover books.
Please call 847 533-1648 and ask for Dr. Mike Mulligan to discuss our programs and register for one.
To learn about our advisory council and operating policies, review tab "About Us".
Mulligan and Associates
Career Mentoring Center - If you need additional career mentoring and counseling, please contact Dr. Mike Mulligan
We all have potential and talent. The question is "What is our talent and how do we develop and use it to become what we want to be and can be in our career and life?" Some people can plan their career but not all people have the critical thinking skills to place themselves on the right career pathway. We created the Route 5 Career Pathway Plan to help you plan and manage a successful career journey.
If you need to plan your career pathway, career preparation program (college) and obtain employment, please call 847 533-1648 and ask for Dr. Mike Mulligan. We have credentialed and experienced career consultants who can help you.
● To learn about our advisory council and operating policies, review tab "About Us".